It's breathtaking views of South Georgian Bay, dramatic landscape features and relaxed atmosphere have made it a favourite place for locals and visitors to experience the fun and freedom of golf and being outdoors.
Located just south of Collingwood and The Blue Mountains, we offer up Ontario's highest golf course, a cafe inspired by the region's rich farming history, extensive trails including access to the Bruce Trail, as well as a unique setting for retreats and special events.
Duntroon Highlands is famous for its challenging terrain and extraordinary views. Its exciting and adventurous par 71 course boasts Ontario’s highest driving range and tees. In fact, its 9th hole tee shot was voted one of the best elevated tee shots in all of Ontario! With well manicured fairways and challenging greens, the golf course is designed from level to rolling and open to tight. Water affects play on 12 holes, and magnificent maple trees line many fairways. At just under 6,000 yards and with distinct front and back 9 features, the course is well suited for golfers looking for shorter playing times.
- Duntroon Highlands Golf - Duntroon, ON
- Job Summary
- We are looking for a natural leader. A creative person who is motivated to create a very memorable golfing experience for our valued members and guests.
- From the time guests park their cars and head to the Pro Shop, to the time they drop off their cart at the Back Shop and depart, you are responsible for their experience.
- This includes making sure we have a well-stocked Pro Shop, Pro Shop staff that are always happy and helpful, starters who are active problem-solvers, Marshals who ensure a steady pace of play, and Back Shop people who are there to welcome guests’ feedback.
- As our Head Golf Professional (HGP), you also need to have a passion for special events, tournaments, game play, and the development of junior players.
- As an integral part of the Management Team, reporting to the General Manager (GM), you will lead and manage our Golf Operations Team (GOT)
- As our HGP, you are personable, professional, and have strong business acumen. You are always excited to meet a guest and skilled in your interactions. You are known for having excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills. You are a natural problem-solver who leads by everyday example.
- You are responsible to develop and mentor the GOT, to make sure we have high service standards, and we provide a great member and guest experience.
- You are interested in our total business operations. As HGP, you are responsible to optimize the revenue available year over year from members and guests by helping us to make sure they have great golf, social, and recreational experiences.
- As our HGP, you are a critical member of the Management Team. You are expected to contribute to the planning of many fun-filled social/recreational events and activities using the many outstanding features of our Duntroon Highlands Resort Ltd. (DHRL) property.
- Lead by example. Be proactive on all issues concerning the players’ experience. Set the benchmark for behavioural performance, innovation and motivation for the GOT and the operation of the Pro Shop.
- Lead the GOT of golf professionals, Pro Shop, Back Shop, starters, and Marshals through your everyday commitment to continuous improvement. Make sure those you lead get immediate feedback to manage their performance and results. Recognize good performance every time you see it, to motivate, and improve daily employee performance and our results. Help lead us in attracting, maintaining, and growing great customer service people in all roles.
- Assist the Director of Operations by always scouting for people to fill our positions. This includes interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring people to improve everyday results.
- With energy, promote the game of golf, personal skill development and fun, in every member and guest interaction.
- With passion, promote junior golf through clinics, camps, special programs, community engagement at the high school level, and other community outreach options.
- With skill, direct and organize all golf activities, including member events, tournaments, leagues, scoring systems, the practice range facility, tee time reservations program, the Back Shop, and cart operations.
- Always find ways to improve the Pro Shop’s product offering and revenue growth. Manage the inventory by sticking to best practices in our industry in ordering, receiving, pricing, and displaying all products in the Pro Shop.
- Always look for ways to continually improve the financial actions and results of the Pro Shop. Build a budget to increase revenue, reduce expenses, and report the results.
- Work with the Management Team to develop the annual golf events calendar. Support event planning with the Events Team and work together to make it all happen.
- Develop and promote new & renewed memberships, corporate golf events, and special functions to help fill our annual calendar and grow revenue year over year.
- Serve as an everyday ambassador for DHRL by building everyday great relationships in the golf industry and surrounding communities.
- Be a role model and set our daily leadership behaviors. Show us all how to skillfully enforce the golf Code of Conduct for DHRL, so all guests regardless of age and skill level have a quality golf and outdoor recreation experience.
- Be a PGA of Canada Professional and Association member in good standing with the capability of playing at a high level.
- Previous experience operating a Pro Shop with a good track record of membership and revenue growth through creative and continuous improvement.- Vast experience planning tournaments for all player types and skill levels including games, scoring, and prizes.
- Recent experience developing a junior golf program that attracts new and returning members each year.
- Proven leadership skills - Able to work with the whole management team to meet yearly membership and revenue goals.
- Proven team management skills – Able to motivate, develop, and retain employees who show up to every shift on time with a smile, and committed to doing quality work and providing great customer service.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and analytical trouble-shooting & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate golf skill development to all ages and skill levels.
- Passion for working with young people new to the game of golf, to develop their love of the game and commitment to skill development, and future membership.
- Passion for making golf fun for all ages via tournaments, and special events. Lead us in creating daily positive memories in all we do.
- Willing to help your peers and all other DHRL team-mates, regardless of role, to create a great member’s and guest’s experience.
- Lead by example with an authentic always on positive attitude. Display an infectious energy filled passion for golf and the total success of DHRL.
- Shows us your daily leadership skills, by representing DHRL with pride, and support our purpose, culture, and values in all your actions.
- Bring new ideas, energy, and get it done skills across all aspects of golf operations to continuously improve everyone’s golf experience.
- Have a keen interest to explore with the management team, ways to apply the pieces of a great golf member/guest experience, to build and improve the DHRL trail, event, retreat, and other offerings that help us all to make DHRL a four-season destination.
- The total annual compensation package will match your experience and proven results.
- Cash compensation is made up of a competitive base salary, commissions on sales/lessons, and an annual bonus reflecting overall financial results, our member/guests’ feedback on their experiences at DHRL, and personal performance achieving the goals set for the HGP
- An annual $2500 budget to cover your PGA of Canada fees, your training, and education plus transportation, meals, and accommodations to attend industry events/conferences where you will continually build your skills and improve our year over year results & revenue.
- DHRL employee perks, including Pro Shop discounts on selected merchandise, and golf course and practice facility privileges.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Employment Duration
Full-time seasonal contract
- Must be able to work mid-week, weekends, and holidays. Shifts may start as early as 6:00am.
- Contact Information
If you are interested, ask your questions, and submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duntroon Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please contact email@example.com.