Head Golf Professional
The FGC is a semi-private golf club nestled conveniently in the heart of the capital city Fredericton N.B. Since 1916, we have been providing members and guests a quality golf and social experience delivering superior playing conditions, service and amenities.
The facility includes a club house with restaurant, full service pro shop, PGA of Canada teaching staff, and an exceptional 18-hole layout. The Club offers a range of social and competitive playing opportunities, highly active men’s and women’s leagues and a revamped junior program. There is a great deal of pride in our course and we are excited to have 4 of our greens rebuilt by the renowned golf course architect Rod Whitman and his design team.
- Fredericton Golf Club - Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Job Summary
Reporting to the General Manager, the Head Professional, you be responsible for the operation of the pro shop, golf services, teaching program and junior program. The HP will deliver a consistent excellent member and guest experience, balancing innovation with tradition as the clubs history stretches back to 1916.
Period of Employment: Start March 15th, 2021 & Ends November 12th, 2021
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests
- Manage and coordinate and execute the junior program
- Manage all men and ladies league play
- Oversee scheduling of staff, pro shop and back shop
- Lead by example by taking a proactive position on all issues concerning the operation of the golf course
- Set the benchmark of performance in innovation, motivation, and animation for the Golf Operations team and the operation of the club owned golf shop
- Lead the Golf Operation’s key personnel, golf shop and back shop staff through effective performance management to recognize, motivate, improve, and maintain employee performance, productivity, and growth
- Implement, enforce and maintain all polices, programs and plans as established by the Board of Directors communicated through the General Manager
- Manage the annual pro shop budget, including financial reporting
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required
- Attend and participate in all necessary management and committee meetings
- PGA of Canada Class “A” Professional and Member in good standing
- Head Professional experience preferred
- Highly visible leader with a friendly and outgoing personality, with a focus on member service
- Post-secondary education in either golf, hospitality or business an asset
- A demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of the Professional Shop retail business
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, train and motivate Golf Operations staff
- Proficient instructor well versed in the latest club fitting and teaching technologies
- $1450 - $1750 Bi Weekly (compensation package to be discussed)
- 100% Lesson Revenue
- Meal Discounts
- PGA Dues paid with signing of next season contract
- Professional Development Allowance
- Tournament Allowance
- Equipment/Staff package (to be discussed)
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a detailed cover letter addressing your qualifications and describing your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by Friday, January 15th, 2021.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alex Egan, General Manager, Fredericton Golf Club
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 506-238-4196
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.