Head Golf Professional
Founded in 1921, Summerlea is a premier private golf club offering an exceptional golfing, dining, and social experience. With its breathtaking views of the Ottawa River and St. Lawrence Rivers, Summerlea, boasts 36 holes of championship-level golf and is renowned for remarkable playing conditions and extensive practice facilities.
Summerlea has hosted high-profile events including the Canadian Men’s and Women’s Open, the Canadian Women’s Tour Championship, the Peter Jackson LPGA Classic, the Canadian Women’s Open and the PGA Export A Skins Game. The year 2021 will be a very important one as it marks Summerlea’s 100th anniversary.
- Summerlea Golf & Country Club, Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec
- Job Summary
Summerlea Golf & Country Club is seeking a Head Golf Professional to join the team.
Start date is negotiable.
- Recruit, hire, train and motivate golf shop and golf services staff;
- Be responsible for the implementation of the annual budget for golf activities;
- Organize and supervise internal “matches” and tournaments for members, and participate in the marketing and management of these events;
- Promote, plan and manage competitions and external events;
- Attend and participate in meetings of various Club committees, including but not limited to, those of the Match and Handicap and the Greens Committee;
- Assist in the recruitment of new members (sales), their integration and their retention;
- Maintain and promote a professional and respected image within the Club, the industry and the community;
- Class A member of the PGA of Canada in Good Standing and experience as a Head Golf Professional;
- Experience managing a golf pro shop;
- Proficient in golf instruction and knowledgeable in current club adjustment and teaching technologies;
- Strong organizational, management and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work (closely) with the management team;
- Computer skills: must participate (and be responsible for assisting) in the creation and maintenance of the golf section in the members’ portion of the Club's website;
- Knowledge of GGGolf software is an asset;
- Ability to implement, apply and enforce policies, programs and plans established for the Club as communicated by the General Manager;
- Fluency in English and French, written and oral.
- The Club offers competitive compensation based on the candidate's experience.
- Annual PGA of Canada due paid
- The incumbent golf professional owns or participates in the pro shop in some form of partnership.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
To view the French PDF job description, please click here.
To View the English PDF job description, please click here.
Please send your resumé and a cover letter, which will be treated in the strictest confidence, to
Marco Jetté: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.