Head Golf Professional
Founded in 1991, Mad River is a seasonal Private Club open for play from May through October.
- The course, designed by renowned golf course architect Bob Cupp, is surrounded by nature and features spectacular topography on a piece of property selected by Bob Cupp himself.
- Mad River prides itself on outstanding course conditions, bent grass turf and a blend of parkland and links holes designed to test all aspects of a player’s game.
- Access to the tee is one of our highest priorities, we host between 15,000-17,000 rounds annually, feature 10-minute intervals and have two walk-on times every hour.
- Mad River is financially stable with no debt and a considerable capital reserve fund.
- Approximately half of our members reside full-time in the community and half split time between Toronto and the local community.
- Mad River is a different type of golf club. In keeping with the relaxed ambience and lack of pretence our members expect, we govern ourselves by values rather than rules. These values guide all aspects of the Club’s operations.
- We are a friendly, member owned golf club that emphasizes enjoyment of the game, family participation and development of all players.
- We treat all players equally well. We dress and act in a way that will not offend others and expect guests to share our values while they are enjoying the Mad River experience.
- We are a club in the country, not a country club. Our focus is on golf, and we teach and adhere to the rules and etiquette of the game.
- We treat our staff as equals and members of the Mad River family. We take joint responsibility for providing an enjoyable, high-quality golfing experience.
- Mad River Golf Club, Creemore, Ontario
- Course Website
- Job Summary
- An integral member of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the General Manager / Chief Operating Officer, the Head Professional will lead and manage our Golf Operation. The successful candidate will be personable, professional, develop and mentor staff, have a strong business acumen, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, play the game at a high level and ensure high service standards. The successful candidate will also be expected to move into the local community.
- Effectively lead the Golf Operation, including the ‘Club owned’ golf shop.
- Enthusiastically promote the game of golf and excellence in every member and guest interaction.
- Efficiently direct and organize all golf activities, including member events/tournaments, practice range facility, tee time reservation program, back shop and cart operations.
- Lead a strong team of golf professionals, golf shop staff and back shop team members, manage and mentor these individuals to enhance their growth and performance.
- Effectively manage the golf shop inventory, implement and adhere to best practices in ordering, receiving, controls and merchandising.
- Responsibly administer the financial activities of the golf operation, from budgeting to revenue generation, operating expenses and reporting.
- Work cohesively with the Mad River Management team to ensure our overall objective to deliver an unpretentious high-quality experience.
- Chair the golf activities committee, a Management committee, working closely with the GM/COO and Club Captains to oversee golf events, and all golf related activities at the Club.
- Actively participate on the Grounds Committee.
- Annually participate in external events and conferences to enhance and continually develop skills.
- Serve as an ambassador in the golf industry and local community.
- Be a Class “A” PGA of Canada professional and Association member in good standing with the capability of playing at a high level.
- Visionary leadership skills, ability to garner respect and represent the Club with pride in support of our image and traditions.
- Ability to tactfully enforce and manage the golf guidelines of the Club.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving skills with the vision to elevate the member experience here at Mad River.
- At Mad River we offer an attractive compensation package commensurating with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Professional Dues Paid and Professional Development Opportunities
- Equipment and Clothing Allowance
- Meal Program
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Contact Information
Start Date: Flexible between January 2021 through March 2021
Interested individuals are invited to email their detailed resume and credentials in strict confidence to:
Gary Ward, General Manager / COO - firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th, 2020.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. All applications and responses will be held in strict confidence. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
Mad River is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.