Head Associate Profesional
Founded in 1926 with 27-holes of world-class golf at its core, and amenities including a pool, tennis and fitness, Oakdale is Toronto’s club of choice for families. For decades, friends and family have played on its wonderful course, and generations have connected over incredible family dinners in Oakdale’s welcoming clubhouse.
- Oakdale Golf & Country Club, Toronto, Ontario
- Course Website
- Job Summary
The successful candidate will manage the Golf Operations Service Program to ensure exceptional service is presented to the Membership and Guests. The Head Associate Professional will be passionate and professional with the development and mentoring of staff throughout the Golf Operations. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are imperative.
Reports to: Director of Golf (Golf Operations)
- Lead in the recruitment, training, and management of all Golf Operations staff, inclusive of Golf Professionals, Operations Staff, Starters, and Golf Shop Assistants;
- Detail oriented; with a focus on completing tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Organized and well versed when communicating with both Peers and Guests;
- In absence of the Director of Golf, attend Senior Management, Pro Shop Committee, and Greens Committee meetings to work with to achieve club directives;
- Develop short and long-term operational goals with assistance from the Director of Golf
- Assist in management of all fiscal responsibilities and performance for the golf operations (inclusive of planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and corrective management);
- Assist with tournament programming when required;
- Oversee golf cart fleet, electronic pushcart program, and repairs;
- Manage guest program, along with the intake of guest and cart fee revenue;
- Oversee operations schedule with Golf Operations Manager;
- Oversee Payroll and HR for the Golf Department with Golf Shop Assistant Manager;
- Play and promote the game of golf with various categories of the membership;
- Instruction of golf lessons when able.
- Must be a PGA of Canada Class “A” or Associate member with a Bachelor’s degree or PGM Diploma from a recognized institute;
- Working experience of 3 years minimum in an Associate or Assistant Professional role;
- Excellent oral and written communication, with strong interpersonal and managerial skills;
- Ability to work in a team structure in a high paced environment;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Prior experience with Trackman, Jonas, and Golf Genius are considered assets.
- Salary starting at $55,000/year, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 100% of lesson revenue
- Full time
- Benefits package
- Uniform provided
- Two weeks’ vacation
- Professional Dues covered
- Playing equipment package
- Education and training fund will be made available.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Contact Information
You can view the PDF job description here.
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020.
Start date will be determined based on applicant availability and interview timeline.
Qualified applicants may submit their cover letters and resumes by email to: Katana Phan, Golf Shop Assistant Manager email@example.com
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Oakdale Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please make us aware of any accommodations that may be needed, and we will work with you to meet the needs you have identified.