Golf Professional or Apprentice (5-Month Contract)
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward toward The Brampton 2040 Vision.
- Peel Village Golf Course, Brampton, Ontario
- Management & Leadership
- Course Website
- Job Summary
- Reporting to the Recreation Programmer “Golf”, the Golf Professional is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a high quality program that is stimulating and enjoyable for all participants. Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of registered participants at all times. The Golf Professional will assist managing all aspects of the Golf Operations in the absence of the Recreation Programmer “Golf”. Assists in ensuring quality program delivery and excellent customer service to meet current and changing needs of the community. This position is seasonal, and the start date will be based around the Course opening date.
- Conduct junior, adult and senior golf clinics
- Assist or lead the coordination and execution of tournaments and corporate events
- Participate as Manager on Duty
- Monitor staff and volunteer schedules sessionally according to program needs and assist with front of the house part time staff scheduling as required
- Provide ongoing supervision, advice, guidance, and direction to on site part time staff in the delivery of golf programs, services, and events
- Adept at tactfully enforcing the rules and regulations of the course and ensures that established procedures are followed by staff and customers on site
- Lead the creation and execution of instructional golf programs
- Daily management of tee sheets and the proper reconciliation of guest rounds and charges
- Keep current with industry trends and teaching formats and provides recommendations for ongoing program improvements
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Follow the emergency safety procedures as established at facility
- Communicate with participants in regards to lesson opportunities
- Maintain complete vigilance while on duty and be ready to respond to any emergency situations
- Respond and assist with on-site emergencies (incidents and accidents)
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (e.g. attendance, incident/accident reports, opening and closing procedures)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Effectively responds to and resolves customer complaints and problems and escalates complex concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up appropriate action
- Assist customers with club fitting
- Maintain an understanding of department programs and services
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Computer literate with experience in POS
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf facility operations and tournament operations
- Completion of a Golf Management diploma program or equivalent
- Class “A” PGA of Canada Certification, OR Enrolled for completion in a PGM program or active apprenticeship
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Valid “G2” class Ontario driver’s licence and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to obtain City of Brampton Vehicle Operator’s Permit
- 1 – 2 years coaching/instructional experience preferred
- Smart Serve certification, or ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C from an accredited organization, or ability to obtain within 1 month of date of hire
- Submit or agree to a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills **Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,132.00-60,899.00
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $67,665.00
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
- To be negotiated.
- Contact Information
Please view the PDF job description here.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment by July 10, 2020 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.