Director of Golf
The Wilds Resort – so much more than just a golf course. Weddings? We have the most beautiful backdrop for pictures that you’ll ever find. Corporate retreat? Our Executive Chalets, Villas, and Cottages provide a relaxing and tranquil place to relax after a day in one of our spacious meeting rooms. How about just a weekend away with your friends? The Wilds Resort – so much more than just a golf course.
- The Wilds Resort & Conference Centre, Salmonier Line, Newfoundland
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Job Summary
The Wilds Resort is seeking applications for the position of Director of Golf for the 2021 season.
As a member of our management team, you will oversee the total golf operation and services offered including the pro shop, practice facilities, golf services areas, golf cart fleet and supervision of golf operations staff. This position will promote an “exceptional golf experience” and provide excellent services and programs for all of our guests!
- Ability to work with the public, assisting them with their golfing needs
- Develop/coordinate the development of annual business plans for the golf operation
- Oversee the management and performance of all golf/pro shop and applicable department operations and services including purchasing and promotion of all pro shop merchandise
- Assure high standards and total customer satisfaction
- Establish golf shop operations personnel policies and ensure proper hiring, training, supervising, personal development and corrective action in accordance with fair labour standards, safety and established policy
- Work with groundskeepers and maintenance workers effectively and with respect
- Create and evaluate reports regarding course play, rounds and sales
- Create and maintain staff schedules and organize and oversee golf tournaments and events
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage
- Develop/oversee golf instruction, clinics, golf schools, and player development
- Represent the Wilds in Golf NL meetings and events
- PGA (Canada) certified golf professional
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work early morning hours, weekends and holidays
- $50,000 – $70,000 (Commensurate with qualifications and experience)
- Meal Allowance
- Others to be reviewed
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Contact Information
Email resumes in confidence to Kelly Finlay, General Manager Kfinlay@thewilds.ca by September 30th, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.