Glen Eagle Golf Club is a busy 27-hole public course with a large practice facility with several dedicated practice holes. It is located northwest of Toronto near Bolton, Ontario and has been in operation for almost 60 years. The clubhouse is large with two banquet halls – one that seats approximately 250 people and one that seats approximately 150 people. The course has three distinct elements to its operations: public golf, golf events and others events (meeting, weddings and other).
- Glen Eagle Golf Club - Caledon, Ontario
- Job Summary
Glen Eagle Golf Club is seeking a qualified, dynamic individual to manage its business and oversee its operations. This is a hands-on job for someone with significant management experience. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, motivated, dependable and friendly individual who has the passion to work with a team that focuses on customer satisfaction and hospitality.
The General Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of the operations including golf operations, food and beverage, greens sales/marketing and administration.
- Oversight of all activities of the club on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop and deliver a consistently outstanding customer experience.
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead all staff including rebuilding a food & beverage team (which was downsized during Covid).
- Oversee all aspects of the golf and green operations with the head professional and course superintendent.
- Oversee all aspects of administration and marketing.
- Manage the planning, organization and booking of golf events.
- Manage the planning and organization of social events.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory matters affecting the business.
- A post-secondary degree in business, hospitality or professional golf management credential is preferable.
- Experience as a senior leader in a golf club environment or other similar facility.
- PGA of Canada member in good standing is strongly preferred.
- PGA of Canada Specialization in Management & Leadership preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of public golf in the GTA region.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required including evenings and weekends during the golf season.
- A trustworthy, dependable, and friendly leader with the ability to build strong teams by motivating staff and leading by example.
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with a strong understanding of all core aspects of the golf business and other aspects of business including business development, information technology, human resources, risk management and marketing.
- Event planning experience - both golf and social events.
- Hospitality experience with a solid understanding of F & B operations.
- Proven marketing capability with a drive to exceed expectations.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Office Word & Excel, Point of Sale (Tee On), and basic accounting software.
- Glen Eagle will offer an attractive compensation package, commensurate with experience, which will include a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and benefits.
- Course Website
- Contact Information
IMPORTANT: Interested candidates should submit resumes along with a cover letter which addresses the qualifications and describes your alignment/experience with the prescribed position by December 15, 2021. Those documents should be saved and emailed in Word or PDF format (save as “Last Name, First Name, Glen Eagle Resume” and "Last Name, First Name, Glen Eagle Cover Letter”) respectively to GEGCjobs@gmail.com
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Glen Eagle Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.