The Radium Golf Group owns and operates two 18-hole golf courses in beautiful Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia. Radium Hot Springs is uniquely located on the edge of one of Canada’s most natural Rocky Mountain National Parks (Kootenay National Park) and overlooks the beautiful headwaters of the Columbia River. In every direction – lakes, rivers and wetlands fill the valley bottom, creating a diverse and rich landscape for wildlife and tranquil adventures. When the day is done, there’s no better place to recount the memories than in the naturally hot and rejuvenating waters of the Radium Hot Springs Mineral Pools.
The Springs Course:
Offers championship level golf with a great driving range and practice area. This course sits just above the Columbia River Wetlands with views of the Purcell Mountains to the west and the Rocky Mountains to the east. The course is also home to approximately 140 Bighorn Sheep that roam the fairways. The Clubhouse is set right against the bluffs with stunning views from the full-service patio.
The Radium Course:
A Columbia Valley favourite since 1957, the Radium Course is perched high over the Village of Radium Hot Springs in the rugged terrain bordering Kootenay National Park. The course features tight, tree-lined fairways, undulating greens and dramatic elevation changes sure to test players of all abilities.
- Radium Golf Course and Springs Golf Course - Radium Hot Springs, BC
- Job Summary
- The General Manager is responsible for effectively managing and overseeing all aspects of the operations for two premium golf courses, including: pro shop, food & beverage, groundskeeping and facility & equipment maintenance, team building and staff development, as well as ancillary lands and companies (water company and Radium Estates). The General Manager is to direct and coordinate the activities of the resort to obtain efficiency and maximize profits.
General Manager is responsible for all or part of these areas:
• Lead the property as its brand standard bearer, epitomizing the brand personality and working
consistently to ensure the corporate culture is communicated, understood, achieved and
• Adhere to the policies set out by the code of conduct.
• Actively promote Radium Golf Group and Eaglequest while contributing to stellar operation and
financial responsibility through value and loyalty.
• Hire, coach and inspire your team in accordance with hiring and training processes.
• Inventory Control and Management.
• Innovate and promote continuous improvement.
• Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
• Develop annual plans & budgets for the property with the ownership group.
• Oversee the day to day operations of the property.
• Seek advance approval for:
o Expenditures that are above and beyond the approved budgets.
o Policy changes.
o Rate changes.
• Communicating and coordinating with all departments.
• Establish strong relationships with members, guests, industry representatives and local interest
groups or other entities as may be required.
• Operate the property in accordance with policies, procedures, the annual plan and operating
• Manage all sources of revenue with a focus on maintaining cost and quality standards.
• Participation in daily operations as required to support the team.
• Determine course pricing strategies and market segment mix in order to exceed market-share at
better-than-market yield ratio.
• Recognize staff achievements.
• Foster a success oriented and accountable environment.
• Protect the business and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program, resulting in employee and guest safety, orderly operations, good appearance and compliance with brand and legislative standards.
• Ensure that all appropriate systems and controls are in place to produce accurate monthly financial reports and know at all times where the business stands against budget.
• Develop industry partners to offer a variety of service options to guests.
Sales & Marketing
• Develop and promote in-house programs, email blast content and web site updates.
• Timely competitive analysis of local pricing.
• Maximize overall sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing, including promotions and special events.
• Utilize and report on key performance indicators wherever possible. This is to include ROI for marketing and advertising initiatives.
Guest and Member Services
• Maintain member and guest satisfaction by handling inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from members/guests and co-workers in order to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Acknowledges, greets and thanks members and guests on a daily basis.
• Being prepared for all events at the property, ensuring special requests for large groups are accommodated, and ensuring the team has the resources available for smooth execution of an event.
Training & Development
• Work with the managers to develop/update operating manuals for pro-shop, food & beverage, course maintenance, safety plans, groups business, tournament play, facilities maintenance and off-season caretaking.
• Succession planning.
• Develop job descriptions and staff training manuals.
• Direct, coach and manage the team to ensure all standards and operating procedures are adhered to.
Directing & Delegating
• Communicate organizational goals to the team through weekly meetings and events.
• Maintain job postings by ensuring they are refreshed and relevant for accuracy.
• Ensure all applicants have been processed through to Head Office payroll.
• Implement and maintain effective open communication that crosses departmental lines to reach all employees.
• Manage all electronic data and files in accordance with Radium Golf Group Filing Policy.
• Understanding and utilizing point of sale and inventory control systems to full capacity.
• Adherence to British Columbia Labour Standards Act.
• Ensure the safety and confidentiality of our owners, members, guests and employees.
• Ensure health and safety standards are being adhered to.
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior management role managing a full-service premium golf course.
• A background in the golf industry, including pro shop operations, food & beverage operations, and greens keeping, specifically in a high-end market.
• Serving it Right, First Aid, WHMIS, Food Safe would be an asset.
• PGA of Canada or CSCM Membership certifications in good standing
• Ability resolve problems efficiently.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• A team player and dynamic leader
• Stay current with industry trends.
• Excellent communication and effective listening skills.
• Keen attention to details and able to see from all perspectives.
• A strong command of using golf/hospitality systems for golf, course maintenance, food & beverage, groups, tournament play, and repairs & maintenance departments, as well as Microsoft Office.
• Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets – proven experience managing financial results.
• A service driven individual dedicated to the guest and employee experience.
- $75,000 plus benefits associated with a senior position at a reputable facility.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Resumes are to be emailed to:
Nafeez Hirji – Managing Director – email@example.com
Subject – Radium Golf Group – General Manager
Posting closes October 31st, 2021 with an anticipated start date of early 2022 or before for the right candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.