TMSI Sports Management is an Ottawa-based company with 28 years of experience in Golf Course and Sports Facility Management. We currently own and manage several successful golf courses and sports facilities, including air supported structures housing one of Canada’s largest indoor golf driving ranges. We provide a full scope of management services including: resource training and oversight, golf course design and construction expertise, food and beverage guidance and profit acumen, and financial services that cover all aspects of management including financial audits
- TMSI Sports Management, Ottawa, Ontario
- Course Website
- Job Summary
TMSI Sports Management is seeking a qualified professional to join their dynamic golf management team as a General Manager to lead and oversee a Golf Club in the Ottawa area.
If you have extensive experience in facility and business management, extensive knowledge and experience working in the golf industry, are passionate about the service industry, motivated, possess superior people and leadership skills and are highly organized, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
- Day-to-day leadership, management and operation of the entire property including the clubhouse, golf shop, golf course, restaurant and building maintenance;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and strategic business plans to meet specific revenue targets and long-term objectives;
- Responsible for managing and working with all Department Managers to ensure the customer service and facility meet the exceptional standards that members, guests and the public expect at the Club;
- Responsible for organizing and implementing programs and initiatives to increase revenues and enhance customer experience at the Club
- Accountable for overseeing all aspects of the golf shop including, tee-sheet management, retail sales;
- Accountable for planning and implementation of member events and tournaments, booking and managing non-member events;
- Recruit, train and manage staff (maintain good relationships and evaluate) to promote employee performance while respecting laws on health and security;
- Leading the development and oversight of member/guest services and programs;
- Accountable for developing and implementing budgets to meet targets in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing a service industry facility, business, or golf facility;
- Experience using management software tools and programs to manage projects, track finances, share documents, connect and network;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Ability to coach, train and motivate employees;
- Bilingualism a preference but not a necessity;
- Strong leadership abilities;
- Strong public relation capabilities;
- Goal-oriented; able to identify and solve problems pro-actively;
- Creative and adaptable with the ability to learn new responsibilities quickly and take initiative.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Contact Information
Interested individuals are asked to submit their CVs to:
Darin McCorriston, President, TMSI Sports Management at email@example.com on or before September 25, 2020.
We thank everyone for applying, but only those who qualify will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.