Director of Golf/Head Professional
Mountain View Golf Club is located in Whitehorse, Yukon’s capital city with a population of approximately 33,000. Mountain View Golf Club is Canada’s most northern Championship Golf Club, Yukon Territory’s only 18-hole golf course, and the only practice facility in the city. With a membership of over 325 and a very active recreational golfing population, Mountain View Golf Club will generally service 20,000+ rounds per season. A typical golfing season starts mid to late April and will end near the first week in October.
- Mountain View Golf Club - Whitehorse, Yukon
- Job Summary
Reporting to a Board of Directors and an Interim General Manager, the Director of Golf/Head Professional will oversee all aspects of the Golf Shop, Member services and all Golf Operations. The position is responsible to provide an exceptional golf experience and excellent customer service and programs to all members and guests.
The Director of Golf/Head Professional will work closely with the CGSA Superintendent and together form the Senior Management Team at Mountain View Golf Club.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Golf Shop, Member services and Golf Operations
- Maintain and promote a well respected and professional image within the Club, the Industry and community
- Recruit, hire, train and lead Golf Shop, Back Shop, Outside service and On course F&B Staff
- Organize, schedule and manage all Club events, leagues, instructional programs and other activities
- Procure and maintain appropriate stock for the Club’s pro shop
- Provide club fitting services
- Develop and manage the annual Golf Operations budget, including monthly reporting to the Board
- Work with a part time book keeper and treasurer on all aspects of the Club’s finances
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management team
- Implement, enforce and maintain all Club policies
- Attend and assist with various Club committee meetings
- Class "A" Member of the PGA of Canada
- Minimum 3 year Professional Golf Management/Business Administration diploma or equivalent
- Certified golf instructor and club fitter
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead within areas of responsibility
- Proven management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong computer skills, especially with Word, Excel, Publisher and database knowledge would be essential
- Knowledge of social media and marketing tools
- Salary range of $75,000 to 95,000 year depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Cell Phone
- PGA of Canada Dues upon completion of year
- Vehicle Allowance
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Applications will be accepted until October 31st, 2021.
We are looking to staff this by January 1, 2022.
Please email resumes with cover letters and references to Gord Zealand, MVGC Club President – email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.