Director of Golf
The Riverview Golf Club is a public golf course that sells annual memberships and is located in Redcliff, Alberta, just west of Medicine Hat and features stunning views of the river valley and the Cypress Hills. We offer 4 sets of tee boxes to accommodate golfers of all levels. Our management philosophy at Riverview Golf Club is to create a place for everyone to experience excellent course conditions, socialize in a family-friendly environment, and enjoy playing the game of golf.
- Riverview Golf Club - Redcliff, Alberta
- Job Summary
The Director of Golf will be responsible for the daily management of the Riverview Golf Club including all golf and business operations. The Director of Golf will report directly to the Board of Directors of the Riverview Golf Club.
Lateral Relationships: The Director of Golf is expected to work directly and in co-operation with the club’s Grounds Superintendent and the Clubhouse Food and Beverage Contract Operator. Other relationships will include club members, business associates, sponsors, government agencies, member associations, and the general public.
- Will promote a personable and well-respected image within the club and the community, while ensuring member and guest expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Ensures that all golf operations and activities are operated within the approved budget established by the Board of Directors.
- Will provide management and administrative duties in respect to all business and accounting functions of the Club as required.
- Will be responsible for the delivery of all golfing operations including but not limited to membership and green fee sales, tee sheet management, golf cart rentals, and storage facilities.
- Market, schedule and manage all club activities, leagues, and tournaments (club and corporate) as required.
- Provide and interpret golf policies, rules, and regulations for golfers.
- Coordinates the purchase and resale of pro shop merchandise within the inventory constraints mandated by the Board of Directors.
- Recruit, hire, train, and schedule golf operations staff and volunteers while fostering a positive work environment with polite and respectful staff.
- Implement and manage POS system for all golf club sales to ensure accurate financial accounting.
- Responsible to interpret and enforce club policies, rules and regulations.
- Will cooperate as a professional resource to the Board of Directors and assist with development of budgets and polices.
- Will attend meetings as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Will consult and collaborate with the Grounds Superintendent regarding scheduling and maintenance issues that affect the playability of the course or the integrity of the golf club facilities.
- Will consult and collaborate with the Food and Beverage Contract Operator regarding mutual service delivery issues.
- Class "A" Professional and PGA of Canada Member in good standing preferred
- Combination of relevant education and/or experience will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and related industry software (i.e. Chronogolf/Lightspeed)
- A leader with strong business acumen and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- $5,000 - $6,000 Monthly
- Free golf
- Opportunity to work with a great group of members and community
- Other benefits to be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Interested applicants may send resumes to Darrell Schaffer - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.