Class A Golf Professional
The Innisfail Golf Club is a 27-hole semi-private golf course. The Bill Robinson design is renowned for being one of the best conditioned golf courses in Alberta. We require the services of a Class A Golf Professional for the 2020 golf season. The ideal candidate will be mentored by our Head Professional, and if successful, will take over as Manager of Golf Operations for the 2021 golf season.
The Golf Professional, under the direction of the General Manager, will primarily be responsible to build and maintain an effective team of customer service representatives. This position will lead, coach, and motivate the team to achieve customer service goals at the department level. This role will also model and champion the company's dedication to providing excellent customer service. The Golf Professional must possess post-secondary degree or diploma and three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in customer service.
Reports To: Head Professional and General Manager
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making
- Service Orientation
- Resource and Fiscal management
- Golf instruction: individual lessons, clinics, and schools
- Lead, coach, and motivate the team to achieve customer service goals at the department level
- Tournament administration and development
- Assist with any and all activities related to the Pro-Shop
- Ordering and merchandising of apparel, equipment, and golf related products
- Work in a team setting
- Maintain high levels of customer relations and communication
- Follow and implement the Mission, Vision, Values of the Innisfail Golf Club, and serve as ambassador in the community and at club events
- Celebrate successes and foster an atmosphere of success
- Help in developing the marketing and social media platform
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Experience as a golf instructor or coach an asset
- Three years of experience in a management role and five years of experience in customer service
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Proven ability to solve complex and unique customer service problems
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge with a variety of social platforms will be considered an asset
- Marketing background an asset
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Frequent overtime
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- Physically demanding indoor and outdoor environments
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Full time, year-round position
- Compensation-commensurate with experience
Deadline for applications is March 31, 2020. Start date is negotiable.
Please view the pdf job description here.
Resumes can be submitted to Dwayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those chosen for interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for considering the Innisfail Golf Club.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
- Innisfail Golf Club, Innisfail, Alberta