CFM / Assistant Golf Professional
The Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course was established in 1925. It took 50 teams of horses and 200 men working together for a year in order to clear the land of boulders and debris to prepare it for what would become one of Canada's premiere golf courses. Since the opening of the mountain golf course in 1925, this jewel set deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies has been the setting of unforgettable memories for all of those who come to play.
Stanley Thompson, Canada's master golf course architect, displayed some of the finest work of his career with this design. The 18-hole layout offers elevated tee boxes, dramatic bunkering and holes aligned with distant mountain vistas. He built wide fairways that carve through thick forest, and maintained a partnership with the environment's natural contours, blending beautiful landscapes with challenging terrain. As a result, few golf courses in the world can match the rugged majesty of this national treasure.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Club is rated by SCOREGolf Magazine as the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada. Most recently, although annually among the best Public Courses in Canada, in 2019, SCOREGolf Magazine rated Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Club the #2 Golf course in Canada.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FairmontJasperParkLodge
CFM / Assistant Golf Professional (April 13, 2020 – October 9, 2020)
As CFM / Assistant Golf Professional at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course, you will have
the opportunity to create lasting memories for our guests while they enjoy one of Canada's top-rated golf courses. By being an ambassador for our hotel, and by providing warm and engaging service, you will be able to create a golf experience like no other for our guests
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, responsibilities and essential job descriptions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
- Schedule tee-times and check guests in while ensuring all service standards are followed
- Effectively handle all cash transactions including close out procedures
- Effectively communicate with the golf team and other departments within the hotel to ensure guests’ expectations are exceeded
- Attractively display and pro-actively sell merchandise and services
- Ensure all guest areas are tidy including the golf shop, locker rooms, front area, and the first tee
- Maximize revenue opportunities by controlling inventory, receiving, monitoring and ordering of stock
- Assist guests and address any concerns in an informative way
- Record and monitor pace of play
- Communicate necessary information to guests regarding their round
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety polices
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal & written communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Previous retail experience is required
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Wage & Benefits:
- $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 85 % Lesson Revenue
- Subsidized Meal Plan – 3 Meals Per Day
- Subsidized Staff Accommodation (Dormitory Style) $125- $200 Per month
- Health & Dental Benefits
- 2020 PGA of Canada dues reimbursement
- Opportunity for winter employment November - March (Winter Activity Centre)
- Clothing Allowance
- Full Playing Privileges
Deadline for Application Submission: March 27, 2020
To view to PDF job description, please click here.
Contact: Tahlon Sweenie
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge appreciates all applicants but only those being considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
- Jasper Park Lodge Golf Resort, Jasper, Alberta
- Start Date