Cottonwood is an 18-hole private golf facility situated along the picturesque Bow River, located just 15 minutes southeast of Calgary. The Golf Course offers a challenging, yet fair test for golfers of all skill levels. Cottonwood has hosted many national, provincial, local and charity golf events over the years. In recent years, Cottonwood has hosted the 2008 ATB Financial Classic, 2011 PGA of Canada Championship, 2017 PGA of Alberta Assistants’ Championship, 2018 PGA of Alberta Seniors’ Championship and the 2018 PGA of Alberta Ladies’ Championship.
Cottonwood strives to provide an industry leading experience to all our members and their guests. Membership satisfaction is of paramount importance and is the main focus for all of our operations.
- Cottonwood Golf & Country Club - Calgary, AB
- Job Summary
- Cottonwood is seeking a dynamic, career oriented individual to join the PGA of Canada team within the Golf Operations department.
- The successful applicant will play a key role in all elements within the Golf Operations department.
- Member service
- Promoting club culture
- Event and league coordination
- Corporate sales
- Merchandise management and sales
- Staff management
- Growing our teaching and coaching business
- Club fitting.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, inquisitive and possess the following skills:
- Member in good standing with the PGA of Canada
- Experience at a Private club is a benefit, but not a requirement for application
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for the business of golf
- Ability to thrive, and succeed in a team environment
- Knowledge of Jonas POS system and Golf Genius event software is an asset
- Knowledge of TrackMan Launch Monitor is an asset
- Organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Commitment to creating and delivering a world-class experience
- Annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- 80% teaching revenue
- PGA of Canada dues
- Clothing, tournament, and education allowance
- Equipment package
- Access to the Club’s health and benefits program
- Potential bonuses
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Interested candidates should submit a detailed cover letter along with a resume by Monday, March 1, 2021. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All communication will be held in strict confidence.
Please submit application to: Michael Graham Head Golf Professional Cottonwood Golf & Country Club email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.