As one of the top-rated courses in Alberta, the beautiful Par 71 layout offers up to 6868 yards of play. The course challenges the best of us while being approachable to newcomers and students of the game. Tree lined fairways, with water features on 11 holes, wind through the coulees and plateaus to present players with a wide diversity of terrain and elevation changes.
We are in the process of completing a breathtaking new clubhouse (completion Spring 2021) that will include new state-of-the-art golf simulators, pro shop, locker room and event/dining spaces. Additionally, our members and guests will benefit from the construction of a top tier practice facility including driving range, short game area and indoor performance centre.
Bearspaw GC is also affiliated with some other great facilities including Mickelson National, The Hamptons, Heritage Pointe, Springbank Links, Wilderness Club in Montana and the future LaunchPad Golf facilities announced recently.
- Bearspaw Golf Club - Calgary, Alberta
- Job Summary
- We are currently looking for an experienced Associate Professional to join our young and exciting team. Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the Associate will help lead the Golf Operations department as well as grow, maintain and service the membership. The successful candidate will combine a personable and professional demeanour, exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle the fast pace demands of a busy golf operation.
- Day to day Golf Shop Operations
- Assist in the development and maintenance of exceptional club culture through professionalism and positivity.
- Inventory management, retail sales strategies and merchandising
- Assist with training, coaching and mentorship of seasonal staff
- Assist with tee sheet management, weekly balloting and reciprocal bookings.
- Assist with member and non-member communications
- Assist with the coordination and execution of member events and leagues
- Development, organization and implementation of a strong junior program
- Golf instruction skills for all playing levels and abilities – utilizing the latest technologies
- Club fitting and basic repair skills
- Member engagement and relationship building through playing the game of golf
- PGA of Canada Member in good standing.
- Assistant or Associate Professional experience is preferred.
- A strong desire and drive to deliver exceptional customer service and experiences at every opportunity
- Effective financial management and golf operation acumen.
- Time management and organizational skills crucial
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and any experience with Club Prophet, Makeshift, Impact/Golf Genius, Constant Contact or Gallus Golf an asset.
- Trackman and About Golf experience an asset
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms
- Dedication to the game of golf and the business of golf.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- $4,000 - $4,500 per month
- 80% of Lesson Revenue
- Golf Equipment Package
- Meal Allowance
- PGA Dues and Spring Seminar Fees
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Please forward to: Sam Hart Head Golf Professional Bearspaw Golf Club email@example.com
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Bearspaw GC. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Sam at 403.681.4347. All applications and communications will be kept in strict confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.