Associate Golf Professional/Pro Shop Manager
Royal Oaks Golf Club is situated 15 minutes north of downtown Moncton, New Brunswick. It is an 18 hole, par 72, Rees Jones designed course that stretches 7103 yards from the back tees. It is a semi-private facility that caters to members, public and corporate event play.
- Royal Oaks Golf Club - Moncton, New Brunswick
- Job Summary
Royal Oak’s Golf Club is seeking a PGA of Canada Golf Professional, who will be able to take this opportunity and build a team of passionate people who truly care about the game of golf, its guests & our members. This PGA of Canada Professional will need to be an excellent communicator, highly organized, with a strong teaching background, able to mentor, build & lead their Staff, manage the Pro Shop & daily golf operations. This candidate will be the face of the golf operation and will educate their staff and lead by example.
The Associate Professional will assume total responsibility for all golf operations and be a respected member of our Senior Management Team who reports directly to the General Manager. The Associate Golf Professional works a minimum of 40 hours per week, including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, and work a minimum of 3 Shifts a week on the Shop Floor.
- Manage guest service staff and ensure exceptional levels of customer services are met
- Be accountable for the annual golf operations budget, monthly reporting and inventory management
- Be computer literate and responsible for helping with the updating the website, social media and club newsletter
- Organize and oversee golf events, corporate events, participate with Men’s & Ladies Committee meetings when required, participate in the internal marketing and administration of these events
- Manage the Junior Program and assist in creation of golf clinic’s & lesson’s
- Assist with Tournament Operations & Other Events hosted by Royal Oaks.
- Create member golf events, socials and fun activities.
- Attend and participate in periodic management team meeting(s) & events
- Have the ability to implement, enforce and maintain Employer’s policies and procedures;
- Maintain and promote a well-respected and professional image within the Golf Operations, the golf and services industry and the community
- Oversee merchandising, pricing and inventory control. This will include end of month physical counts
- Develop, coach and mentor an efficient golf operations team by taking an active interest in their welfare and development
- Participation in PGA of Canada National & Atlantic Zone Golf Events
- PGA of Canada Golf Professional and Member in good standing
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Excellent skills with computers, including Word, Excel and automated tee sheets
- Knowledge in all areas of the game of golf and golf operations
- Post-secondary education in golf management or related business field
- Awareness of current industry trends, equipment knowledge and the game in general
- Ability to build, lead and mentor a team of dedicated staff
- Salary rate of $36,000 for the Fixed Term April 1st – Nov 30th
- PGA of Canada Dues Paid upon completion of 2021 season.
- 7 Days Paid Vacation during term of employment,
- Clothing & Equipment package to be negotiated.
- The Employer will reimburse the Employee for all reasonable expenses in accordance with the Employer’s policy as in effect from time to time, including but not limited to, any travel and entertainment expenses incurred by the Employee in connection with the business of the Employer. Expenses will be paid within a reasonable time after submission of acceptable supporting documentation.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: February 15th 2021
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: Chris Medford, General Manager PGA of Canada Executive Golf Professional email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.