Associate Golf Professional
In the hills just north of Toronto, you have an opportunity to traverse the high and low ground of DiamondBack Golf Club, just like touring pros who have played big-time tournaments at this highly respected layout.
This Richmond Hill course, which opened in 1993, appears daunting with its humps, bumps and forced carries. However, it is surprisingly playable for less skilled golfers, while better players have a great time meeting the challenges doled out by designer Rene Muylaert.
The front nine is defined by hill and dale and lots of water, while the mature-looking back nine dips into valley lands carved out of thick trees. The island green on eight is one of many highlights. The dramatic bunkering and varied green sites are key parts of DiamondBack's diabolical charms.
DiamondBack Golf Club is so highly regarded that it played host from 1996 to 1998 for the Canadian Tour's Infiniti Championship, and it was the site of four Canadian PGA Championships (1999, 2001, 2002 and 2003).
The elegant clubhouse recently underwent extension renovations, upgrading the bistro and patio, substantially increasing the available seating for weddings, banquets and meetings.
With easy access just off Highway 404, DiamondBack Golf Club is perennially a popular destination for golfers looking for excellence and a lot of fun.
- DiamondBack Golf Club - Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Job Summary
- The Associate Golf Professional is responsible for providing courteous and professional service to the members and guests of the club. The primary function of this position is to manage all aspects of the Golf Operations in the absence of the Head Professional.
- Assist the Head Professional with staff training and evaluation
- Assist with the processing and tracking of inventory
- Supervise, train and coordinate the daily activities and duties of the golf operations staff
- Management of pace of play while on duty
- Daily management of tee sheets and the proper reconciliation of member/guest rounds and charges
- Involvement in all member events/functions.
- Assist in the creation and execution of instructional programs
- Assist in the coordination and execution of member and corporate events
- Required to play golf with the members and to log all rounds
- All other duties as assigned or required
- PGA Class “A” Certification
- Computer literate with experience in POS
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf operations, and tournament operations
- Work effectively within a team management structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- To be negotiated
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Start date is based on the Club's opening date.
Accessibility requirements ClubLink strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. This includes providing services in a manner that is accessible to all clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers and visitors. Upon individual request, ClubLink will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.