In a region populated with excellent golf courses, South Muskoka Curling & Golf Club stands out for its exceptional course conditions, great value and fun atmosphere. Founded in 1974, the 18-hole Robbie Robinson design boasts beautiful tree-lined fairways and rocky outcroppings customary to the Muskoka region. The semi-private club is home to over 500 members, nearly 30,000 rounds, and is situated in the heart of Bracebridge, Ont.
- South Muskoka Curling and Golf Club - Bracebridge, Ontario
- Job Summary
- The Assistant/Associate Professional will report directly to Head Professional and support all areas of the golf operation. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising golf staff, merchandising/sales, administering tournaments and events, as well as teaching and coaching. The ideal candidate will have prior teaching experience and/or interest in leading a robust junior program alongside the Head Professional and GM. This position provides ample opportunity for growth and training in several different disciplines. Approximate period of employment is mid-to-late April to late October.
- Supervising the daily operation of the Pro Shop, Back Shop, and on-course services
- Providing exceptional customer service and leadership to members, staff and guests
- Inventory control, merchandising and maximizing Pro Shop revenue through effective selling techniques
- Assisting with the planning and execution of club and corporate events
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a comprehensive junior program
- General teaching and instruction, including delivery of camps and clinics
- Other duties as assigned
- Apprentice or Class “A” PGA of Canada Professional and Member in good standing
- 2+ years of experience working as a golf professional
- Club-fitting and re-gripping experience an asset
- Retail and merchandising experience an asset
- Prior teaching/coaching experience with a focus on juniors considered an asset
- Experience with Tee-On and/or Golf Genius software considered an asset
- $750-850 weekly salary, commensurate with experience.
- 100% of individual lesson revenue
- PGA of Canada Annual Dues reimbursed upon successful completion of the season
- Meal discount program
- Playing privileges
- Potential season-end bonus
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Contact Information
Please email cover letter and resume to Head Professional Jacklynn Miller at email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation: South Muskoka Curling & Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.