In the hills just north of Toronto, you have an opportunity to traverse the high and low ground of DiamondBack Golf Club, just like touring pros who have played big-time tournaments at this highly respected layout.
This Richmond Hill course, which opened in 1993, appears daunting with its humps, bumps and forced carries. However, it is surprisingly playable for less skilled golfers, while better players have a great time meeting the challenges doled out by designer Rene Muylaert.
The front nine is defined by hill and dale and lots of water, while the mature-looking back nine dips into valley lands carved out of thick trees. The island green on eight is one of many highlights. The dramatic bunkering and varied green sites are key parts of DiamondBack's diabolical charms.
DiamondBack Golf Club is so highly regarded that it played host from 1996 to 1998 for the Canadian Tour's Infiniti Championship, and it was the site of four Canadian PGA Championships (1999, 2001, 2002 and 2003).
The elegant clubhouse recently underwent extension renovations, upgrading the bistro and patio, substantially increasing the available seating for weddings, banquets and meetings.
With easy access just off Highway 404, DiamondBack Golf Club is perennially a popular destination for golfers looking for excellence and a lot of fun.
- DiamondBack Golf Club - Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Job Summary
- Providing excellent customer service is your passion. You are on the front line at the Club, ensuring that our Members and guests have an outstanding day at the property. You are responsible for supervising and scheduling other golf services staff and act as a liaison between head office, the property management and the Members and guests. Ideally you will have a solid working knowledge of MS office; you will have previous golf shop experience, are working toward your professional designation and have excellent customer service skills.
- Assist the Head Professional in Daily Supervision of Golf Operation and being an integral part of the team
- Responsible for assisting with the coordination of all member events
- Provide exceptional customer service with members and guests
- Monitor Outside Services staff regularly to ensure a high level of customer service is being delivered consistently
- Assist with Inventory Control and Retail Operation.
- Enrolled or completion of a PGM Program (preferred but not required)
- Work effectively within a team management structure
- Strong managerial skills including staff relations and scheduling Computer literate: P.O.S. systems, Word, Excel Possess leadership qualities
- Quick learner and a creative problem solver
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Being certified in SmartServe, WHMIS, Health & Safety is an asset.
- To be negotiated
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
This is a seasonal salary position and will be compensated based on experience
Accessibility requirements ClubLink strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. This includes providing services in a manner that is accessible to all clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers and visitors. Upon individual request, ClubLink will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.