After three years quietly in the making, Dragon’s Fire Golf Club took flight in 2008 when the course opened to the public. While the 18-hole championship caliber design doesn’t have supernatural powers, the secrets dwelling within Dragon’s Fire boundaries are well guarded by some 80 bunkers and other natural hazards. The abundance of trees and rolling landscape, provides a feeling of seclusion and isolation as you play each of the holes that are surrounded by neighbouring woods and farm fields.
Whether you want to believe that dragons are friendly creatures that bring good fortune and wealth or that they’re fiery beasts that kill their prey from a distance your theory will probably be determined by the tees you choose to play from. The course stretches from 5,200 to 7,200 yards, par-72 with six sets of large tee blocks to choose from. We have designed this course to be both enjoyable and challenging for the average golfer, yet the further back you go the more the dragon’s fury and teeth will come into play, there is a 660-yard, par-5 to deal with for anyone playing the tips.
- Dragon's Fire Golf Club - Hamilton, Ontario
- Job Summary
- Dragon’s Fire Golf Club is looking for an Assistant Professional for the 2021 season. This position will include working in the Pro Shop but will also assist the Pro Shop Manager with activities related to golf operation. The successful candidate will be required to work in the Pro Shop during the season, and have the opportunity to lead potential Junior Camps, Clinics and other adult lesson Programming during the summer months. This is a great opportunity for an energetic Professional who has a desire to develop and implement lesson and coaching programming.
- Provide first-class services to all guests
- Promote and maintain a high standard of pro shop operations
- In charge of the marshal program, including scheduling, training and supervising
- Assist with running golf leagues
- Assist with supervising Pro Shop and Back Shop staff
- Manage and book tee times both in person and over the phone
- Process payments both in person and over the phone for green fees and merchandise.
- Carry out opening and closing duties for the pro shop
- Provide exceptional service to all members and guests
- Assist in the display, promotion, and sales of merchandise
- Ensure the property is always clean and well presented
- Teach private lessons and clinics
- Support and assist in day of activities for club events
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Pro Shop Manager
- PGA Of Canada Member in good standing
- Enrolled or completion of the PGM program an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional attitude
- Computer literate, previous experience with Excel, Word and P.O.S.
- Eager to learn and grow as a Professional
- Proven ability to plan and implement lesson programs for juniors and adults
- Hourly wage / salary (commensurate with experience)
- 60% of lesson revenue
- Staff meal discount
- Staff Uniform
- Opportunities for growth
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Period of Employment: March/April 2021 – November 2021 (exact dates TBD)
Please forward resumes to Zac Henderson, Pro Shop Manager. Management@dragonsfiregolf.com
Thank you to all applicants and be assured all applications will be held in strict confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.