Assistant Golf Professional
The Truro Golf Course is one of the premier golf courses in central Nova Scotia and has developed a strong reputation for its excellent customer service and superb course conditions. Founded in 1903, the club is entering its second century of great golf. In 1930 the original nine holes were remodeled into a championship nine hole layout by the famous golf course architect, Stanley Thompson. It was expanded to 18 holes in 1967, again renovated in 1985, and again in 2012 to its current championship configuration.
The golf course is located in the heart of the Town of Truro, and serves a membership base of approximately 550. With it’s convenient location in the centre of the Province, the Truro Golf Club is also known as “the jewel of the hub.” Just 45 minutes from Halifax, the course has been host to many Provincial, National and World Championships over the years. Truro Golf Club is a quick drive from surrounding areas making it a great course for guests to come for a round.
- Truro Golf Club - Truro, Nova Scotia
- Job Summary
The successful candidate will be joining a team that is focused on delivering impeccable customer service on a daily basis. To ensure continuous career development, the successful candidate will participate in all facets of the operation including pro shop and back shop operations, tournament planning and organizing, junior golf program, private and group instruction, merchandise sales, club fitting, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
Term: April 1st , 2021 – November 13th, 2021
- Overseeing Pro Shop and Back Shop Operations including Scheduling, Merchandising, Managing Inventory and Training.
- Working with the Junior Committee to develop the Junior Program.
- Assisting with Club and Corporate Events.
- Club Repair.
- Involved in all day-to-day activities of the club.
- A true passion for the game and business of golf and committed to a career in the industry.
- Current enrollment in the PGA of Canada apprenticeship program / PGM program considered an asset.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to deliver excellent customer service with strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Dedicated to growing the game and junior golf development – previous teaching experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience in Excel, Word, POS and GolfNow Reservations (Fore) Systems is an asset.
- Club repair abilities considered an asset.
- Previous experience planning and executing both club and corporate events considered an asset.
- $1,200 – $1,440 Bi-Weekly based on experience & qualifications.
- 100% of Lesson Revenue.
- Education Allowance of $500
- PGA of Canada Dues following successful completion of season.
- Tournament Entry Fee – Assistants Championship.
- Equipment package negotiable.
- Discounts on Meals and Merchandise.
- Other benefits to be negotiated.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Application Deadline: Friday, January 15th , 2021
Please forward Resume and Cover Letter by email to Stuart Cox via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Truro Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.