Assistant Golf Professional - F.T. Seasonal
Marshes Golf Club is one of Ottawa’s leading Golf courses. Working at The Marshes means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa where we deliver sensational service.
The Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for helping out with all aspects relating to the daily golf experience of our guests from arrival through departure. The golf experience at the Marshes Golf Club will be one that our guests will cherish for a lifetime.
The Marshes is recognized as the top public golf course in Ottawa, with limited membership, which is located in the technology park in Kanata, Ontario. The Club has hosted many major events including multiple World Junior Girls Championships, along with the 2016 Ontario Senior Men’s Amateur Championship.
- The Marshes Golf Club - Kanata, Ontario
- Job Summary
- Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the Assistant Golf Professional will have a strong customer service skill set, and an emphasis on enhancing the overall golf experience at The Marshes
- They will take a lead role in organizing the Men’s, Ladies and Junior league and programs
- They will provide a high level of organization and focus in order to successfully manage the fast paced work environment
- They will play a lead role in the organization of the Pro Shop, Golf Academy and the training and mentorship of our partners
- Direct, manage and organize the Junior Program (clinics, camps and instruction)
- Direct, manage and organize Ladies League Program, assist in the Men’s League
- Assist in hiring, training, mentoring and motivating our customer service partners
- Supervise all partners and ensure that they provide excellent customer service, educated on club policies and procedures, informed of upcoming events, supply information to our members and guests relative to the experience, and convey an image the reflects the high standards of the entire organization
- Assist in supervising the Pro Shop Operation which is defined as merchandising product, organizing the golf fixture list (including developing & managing starting times), group bookings and all activities regarding the POS, managing inventory
- Assist with Competitions, Events and Leagues
- Monitor Golf Canada Handicap System
- Educate partners and is responsible for keeping work areas clean and maintained such as equipment, work stations, fixtures and furnishings
- Manage and organize our club rental fleet
- Train and supervise all outside and Golf Ambassadors (G.A.) partners regarding our standards of excellence
- Implement all policies and plans established by the Head Golf Professional relating to the Pro Shop operation
- Schedule all Pro Shop partners and outside partners
- Conduct the Health and Safety Monthly department checks and participate in the Monthly Health and Safety Committee Meetings
- Administration; filing, data entry, assist to maintain member’s files
- Other related duties as required
- Preferably a Professional Golf Association (PGA) of Canada member in good standing
- Available to work shift work, including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to participate in all golf tournaments and special events
- Asset: three years of experience working in golf clubs
- Ability to multitask with good attention to detail
- Must be customer/guest oriented and a team player
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and general computer software
- To be negotiated
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Thank you to all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Marshes Golf Club is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, colour, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. The Marshes Golf Club welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.