Associate / Assistant Golf Professional
The Cranbrook Golf Club is an 18 Hole Semi-Private facility which is located in the East Kootenays. Currently the Golf Club services approximately 500 members, the public golfer and many corporate and charity golf tournaments. With this diversity in clientele the golf shop staff is able to see all facets of the golf industry. The Cranbrook Golf Club also has a full-service golf shop that specializes in custom fitting, member services, merchandising, miscellaneous golf lessons and tournament organization. The Golf Club has hosted numerous (8) major amateur championships which is a testament to the condition and playability of the golf course.
- Cranbrook Golf Club, Cranbrook, BC
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Facebook Page
- Job Summary
- The Cranbrook Golf Club is accepting applications for an Associate / Assistant Golf Professional for the 2020 golf season. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head Golf Professional and will assume a leadership role within the golf operation. Term of employment is early March to late October.
- Assist in the day to day operation of the golf shop
- Manage the Back Shop Operation
- Retail Sales
- Merchandising the golf shop
- Maintaining control of the first tee and on course play
- Assisting with tournament operations
- Inventory Management
- Assist with the Junior Program
- Teach Clinics and Lessons to members and guests
- Organization of Men’s Night and Ladies Day
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience in organizing golf events
- Understanding of club fitting
- Experience with a Junior Golf Program and Golf Instruction
- Energetic and motivated to succeed in the Golf Industry.
- $3000 to $3500 per month based on experience
- Meal discount program
- Equipment Package while employed at the Club
- Lesson Revenue 95%
- Unrestricted playing and practice privileges
- PGA of Canada Dues paid for the 2020 golf season
- Other benefits can be negotiated
- Contact Information
All interested Professionals should forward resume to:
The Cranbrook Golf Club c/o Paul Whittingham Head Golf Professional
2700 Second Street South PO Box 297 Cranbrook, B.C. V1C 4H8
Email - email@example.com
View the PDF job description here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.