Founded in 1926 with 27-holes of world-class golf at its core, and amenities including a pool, tennis and fitness, Oakdale is Toronto’s club of choice for families. For decades, friends and family have played on its wonderful course, and generations have connected over incredible family dinners in Oakdale’s welcoming clubhouse.
- Oakdale Golf & Country Club, Toronto, Ontario
- Course Website
- Job Summary
The successful candidate will assist in the management of the Golf Operations Service Program and ensure exceptional service is presented to the Membership and Guests. This includes supervision of the golf course, event planning, communications, and daily set up/tear down of the Golf Operations. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are imperative.
Reports to: Director of Golf (Golf Operations)
Period of employment is March 2021- December 2021, seasonal, full time
- Lead in the day-to-day operation in absence of the Director of Golf
- Detail oriented; with a focus on completing tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Organized and well versed when communicating with both Peers and Guests;
- Assist in management of performance for the Golf Operations (inclusive of planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, and corrective management);
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and management of all Golf Operations staff, inclusive of Operations Staff, Starters, and Golf Shop Assistants;
- Lead on all Women’s and Mixed member events, this is inclusive of event organizing with Conveners, back-end creation of all aspects in Golf Genius, scoring, post event survey, etc.;
- Execution of all women’s day events and tournaments in conjunction with various conveners and or club captain;
- Promotion and advertising of Member events;
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Golf Office;
- Assist in creating and maintaining caddy procedures;
- Play and promote the game of golf with various categories of the membership;
- Instruction of golf lessons when able.
- Must be a PGA of Canada Professional with a Bachelor’s degree or PGM Diploma from a recognized institute, or currently enrolled in one;
- Working experience of 1-3 years in an Assistant Professional role;
- Excellent oral and written communication, with strong interpersonal and managerial skills;
- Ability to work in a team structure in a high paced environment;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Prior experience with Trackman, Jonas, and Golf Genius are considered assets.
- Salary starting at $750/week commensurate with qualifications and experience;
- 100% of lesson revenue;
- 4% vacation included in every pay period;
- Uniform provided;
- Professional Dues covered;
- Playing equipment package.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Contact Information
You can view the PDF job description here.
Deadline to Apply: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020.
Start date will be determined based on applicant availability and interview timeline.
Qualified applicants may submit their cover letters and resumes by email to: Katana Phan, Golf Shop Assistant Manager email@example.com
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Oakdale Golf & Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please make us aware of any accommodations that may be needed, and we will work with you to meet the needs you have identified.