After three years quietly in the making, Dragon’s Fire Golf Club took flight in 2008 when the course opened to the public. While the 18-hole championship calibre design doesn’t have supernatural powers, the secrets dwelling within Dragon’s Fire boundaries are well guarded by some 80 bunkers and other natural hazards. The abundance of trees and rolling landscape, provides a feeling of seclusion and isolation as you play each of the holes that are surrounded by neighbouring woods and farm fields.
Whether you want to believe that dragons are friendly creatures that bring good fortune and wealth or that they’re fiery beasts that kill their prey from a distance, your theory will probably be determined by the tees you choose to play from. The course stretches from 5,200 to 7,200 yards, par-72 with six sets of large tee blocks to choose from. We have designed this course to be both enjoyable and challenging for the average golfer, yet the further back you go the more the dragon’s fury and teeth will come into play, there is a 660-yard, par-5 to deal with for anyone playing the tips.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DragonsFireGolfClub
Description of Duties:
- Promote and maintain a high standard of pro shop operations
- Manage and book tee times both in person and over the phone
- Process payments both in person and over the phone for green fees, merchandise, and memberships
- Carry out opening and closing duties for the pro shop
- Organize/assist in all club and corporate events
- Retail/Merchandise inventory control
- Provide first-class services to all guests
- Provide golf instruction / Help assist with junior clinics
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Pro Shop Manager
- PGA Of Canada member in good standing
- Enrolled or completion of the PGM program an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional attitude
- Eager to learn and grow as a Professional
Compensation & Benefits:
- Staff meal discount
- Staff Uniform
- Teaching Opportunities - 60% of lesson revenue
Period of Employment: TBD
Please forward resumes to Zac Henderson: Management@dragonsfiregolf.com
Thank you to all applicants and be assured all applications will be held in strict confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
- Dragon's Fire Golf Club, Hamilton, Ontario