Associate/Assistant Golf Professional
The Port Carling Golf & Country Club is located on 270 acres of land nestled in the rugged Canadian Shield of Muskoka. Situated in the beautiful town of Port Carling, known as “The Hub of the Muskoka Lakes”. The course boasts rich deciduous and coniferous forests surrounded with granite out-cropping, streams and lakes. The unique 18-hole course was designed by world class architects Thomas McBroom and Associates and is one of the most spectacular and picturesque clubs in Canada with some of the finest facilities available.
Port Carling Golf & Country Club has had a renaissance under the new ownership of Michael H. DeGroote. Port Carling Golf & Country Club is Muskoka’s premier private golf club that will exceed your expectations daily.
- Port Carling Golf & Country Club, Port Carling, Ontario
- Job Summary
- The successful candidate will assist with the management of daily golf operations including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, supervising golf staff, assisting with all merchandising functions, managing tournaments, teaching lessons, and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience. He or she will be a key member of the professional staff and have the opportunity to expand their role and responsibilities based on performance.
- Assist the Head Professional with staff training and evaluation
- Assist with the processing and tracking of inventory
- Supervise, train, and coordinate the daily activities and duties of the golf operations staff
- Management of pace of play while on duty
- Daily management of tee sheets and the proper reconciliation of member/guest rounds and charges
- Involvement in all member events/functions.
- Assist in the creation and execution of instructional programs
- Assist in the coordination and execution of member events
- Required to play golf with the members
- All other duties as assigned or required
- PGA of Canada member in good standing
- Be extremely organized and possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Desire to exceed member/guest expectations
- Must have experience with member event organization
- Above average playing ability and desire to play the game
- Computer literate with experience in Jonas as asset
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, and golf operations
- Work effectively within a team structure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Available weekends and holidays
- $700-$850 commensurate with experience
100% of Teaching Revenue
- Staff Package
- Professional Staff Uniform(s)
- Staff Meal Discounts
- Professional Development & Continued Education
- PGA of Canada Dues
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Contact Information
Please submit your resume to Chris Near, Head Professional
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 705-765-6600 ext. 207
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.