Assistant/Associate Golf Professional
Rolling through the picturesque landscape of rural Ottawa and situated within the eQuinelle community, eQuinelle Golf Club offers the perfect combination of links-style golf and town and country living within a 35-minute drive of downtown Ottawa.
- eQuinelle Golf Club, Kemptville, Ontario
- Job Summary
eQuinelle is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and enthusiastic individual to join our Professional Staff as the Assistant/Associate Golf Professional. This is an ideal opportunity for any individual who desires to become a Head Golf Professional, while developing into a future leader within the golf industry.
Period of employment is approximately April 15th – November 15th.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Golf, Scott McInroy, while working closely with the entire management team. He/she will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing high-quality services to all members, guests and daily fee players.
- Merchandising of apparel, equipment and other golf related products.
- Utilization of tournament software to and support/assist with all club and outside events.
- Heavily involved within the eQuinelle Learning Centre conducting private, semi-private and group instructional programs to an active community.
- Assist with club fittings and club repairs.
- Provide memorable experiences for all golfers, including our “VIP Groups” on a daily basis.
- PGA of Canada Class “A” Member in good standing with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience working at a high-end club as an Associate Golf Professional.
- Possess or working towards a post-secondary degree or college diploma with specialty in Professional Golf Management (PGM) or Business/Hospitality.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to work closely within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Existing knowledge of CHRONOGOLF, LIGHTSPEED & GOLF GENIUS is considered an asset.
- Club fitting and equipment experience is considered an asset.
- Weekly compensation commensurate with experience.
- 80% compensation from private lessons & group clinics.
- To be negotiated
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Contact Information
Please forward cover letter and resumes in confidence by email to:
SCOTT MCINROY, DIRECTOR OF GOLF - SMCINROY@TMSIOTTAWA.COM
Please include “Associate Golf Professional” in the subject line. In your application, please provide specific examples of your commitment to “gold standard” service.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 29, 2021
In accordance with the (AODA) Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, eQuinelle Golf Club will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform of any accommodation(s) that you may require.