St. Charles Country Club is a progressive 27-hole private club with three distinct nines designed by Dr. Alister MacKenzie, Donald Ross and Norman Woods. Established in 1904, St. Charles has a rich tradition and history highlighted by the hosting of national and international championships including the 1952 Canadian Open, 1992 DuMaurier Canadian Women’s Open, 2000 AT&T Canadian Seniors and most recently the 2010 CN Canadian Women’s Open. The Club is currently heading into an exciting restoration of our Mackenzie and Ross nines led by our consulting architect Jim Urbina.
St. Charles presents a first-class working environment for its professional staff. We have a 2000 square foot retail area which provides our members with the top products in the industry. Our pro shop was named as one of Golf World/AGM’s Top 100 pro shops in North America in 2012, 13 & 14; We have a progressive retail operation that continually that seeks the input from all of our staff to build the best selection and presentation possible.
Golf coaching and training is an important component to our operation. To complement our vast practice tee and 3 green/120-yard short game complex, St. Charles provides a comprehensive 1200-square foot all season performance center as well as a separate 800-square foot putting studio offering the opportunity to teach year-round. Our teaching academy utilizes the best technology in the industry including Foresight GC Quad, Swing Catalyst video, pressure & force, K-Vest and Quintic putting analysis system. We are club fitters for Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Taylor Made, Cobra and Edel putters.
- St. Charles Country Club, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Job Summary
The successful candidate will be joining a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellence in service to our members & guests. The position will provide the opportunity to experience all facets of our golf operations providing an excellent environment to learn and grow as a professional.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the golf industry, willing to contribute to all areas of our operation and motivated to learn and grow their career as a professional. Most importantly, they will possess a strong desire to work together with their fellow staff to deliver an exceptional experience for the members and guests of the club.
- Involvement with our active Junior and Women’s golf programs
- Contribute to retail sales and merchandising
- Assist with management of our outside services staff
- Member event preparation and delivery
- Club fitting once training completed
- Daily pro shop duties and execution of member services
- Passion to excel in the golf industry
- Desire to be a part of a professional staff that strives to deliver excellence in service in all areas of the golf operation
- Ability to work with a team of professionals to achieve sales and service goals and objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Starting Salary Range - $2800 to $3000 per month based on experience
- Potential for future growth, expanded term and wages increases based on performance
- 90% of lesson revenue
- Meal program
- Equipment package
- Education Allowance
- Bonus on Pro Shop sales
- 9-month employment term.
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Instagram: @stcharlesproshop
- Contact Information
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Cory Kartusch - Head Professional - email@example.com
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.