Associate/ Assistant Professional: Brampton Golf Club - Brampton, ON
Established in 1921, the Brampton Golf Club is entering its 102nd season, and Head Golf Professional Michael Long is seeking the services of an experienced, passionate and dynamic Associate PGA of Canada Professional, who specializes in Coaching and Event Management, to join an outstanding team at the Brampton Golf Club.
The Brampton Golf Club is an 18-hole golf facility and boasts a championship course with consistently outstanding conditioning, a serene setting, and provides its members and their guests with an excellent test of golf. With six sets of tee blocks, this par 71 ranges in length from 6576 to 4759 yards, offers inclusive playability to golfers of all ages, abilities, and ambitions. The 16th, 17th and 18th holes are included in “Spectacular Golf Ontario 2013 edition”, as some of the best golf holes in Ontario.
The course was designed and built in 1963 by C. E “Robbie” Robinson, the nearest disciple of legendary architect, Stanley Thompson. The course continues to evolve and improve under the direction of famed modern architect, Doug Carrick. The club has hosted a number of notable championships, most recently, the 2014 Women’s Ontario Amateur won by Brooke Henderson.
- Brampton Golf Club, Brampton, ON
- Job Summary
This is an excellent career opportunity for the successful candidate to grow as an individual, and be involved with all facets of the golf operation.
Reporting to the Head Golf Professional, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the professional team, and will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Providing World Class service to all members and guests
• Coordinate, support and assist with all Member and Non-Member events
• Provide instruction via private lessons and Junior Golf Program
• Assist in display, promotion and sales of merchandise
• Class A PGA of Canada Member in good standing
• Strong managerial and leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Previous experience managing a section or league section
• Strong teaching and Junior Program involvement. TrackMan experience an asset
• Operational experience with Jonas and GGGolf software an asset
- $50K +
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- 100% lesson revenue,
- Staff Meals Plan,
- Medical Benefits,
- PGA of Canada dues
- Potential for staff playing package
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Golf Operations
- PGA of Canada Specialization
- Management & Leadership
- Start Date
- Course Website
- Social Media Page(s)
- Employment Duration
Full-time year-round, potential based on candidates experience and Winter Golf School availability
- Contact Information
Please forward cover letter and resumes in confidence by email to:
Head Golf Professional
Application Deadline is January 31st, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Brampton Golf Club is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization as well as providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with relevant legislation. Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.