- Oshawa Golf Club
- Start Date
- August 30, 2021
- End Date
- August 31, 2021
- Registration Deadline
- August 22, 2021
- # Registered
1. This competition is open to professional and amateur golfers who were female at birth or who comply with the PGA of Canada transgender policy and who are members in good standing with the PGA of Canada or other Association.
LEGENDS DIVISION: This competition is open to past PGA Women’s Champions of Canada and PGA of Canada members who have reached their 45th birthday by the first scheduled day of the championship, August 30, 2021. This division will be contested from a shortened set of tee-markers. Members who choose to enter the Legends Division are ineligible to participate in the open Championship.
Note: If there are less than five entrants for the Legends Division by the entry closing date, this competition will not be conducted. Entrants will be notified and given the opportunity to withdraw from the Championship or participate in the open Championship.
2. Amateurs must have an up-to-date Golf Canada Handicap Factor of 1.0 or lower at time of entry.
3. All applications are subject to approval or rejection by the PGA of Canada at any time before or after the start of play.
The championship field for 2021 will be comprised of 84 players. All entries will be based on the PRIORITY STATUS AND EXEMPTIONS FOR 2021 PGA WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP OF CANADA.
1. Past PGA Women’s Champions of Canada
2. Top 5 PGA of Canada Club Professional's from the 2019 DCM PGA Women’s Championship of Canada
3. Top 20 Canadian players and ties from the 2019 DCM PGA Women’s Championship of Canada
4. Up to ten (10) places for prominent professional golfers not otherwise exempt. These places to be granted at the sole discretion of the PGA of Canada.
1st place: $ 10,000 CAD
PRIZE MONEY - TIES
In the event of ties, prize money will be divided equally among those tied, except that if a competitor wins a playoff for the Championship, that player will receive first-place prize money.
APPLICATION FEE & PROCEDURE
1. All applications must be filed through your online member account or on the official application printed from www.pgaofcanada.com.
2. The application fee (see fee schedule below) must accompany the application (includes all applicable taxes). Credit card users, please print all numbers clearly.
ENTRY FEE SCHEDULE
PGA of Canada Members $320.00
PGA of Canada Members – Legends Division $275.00
Golf Professionals (non-members) $375.00
Golf Professionals (non-members) Legends Division $330.00
*(all entry fees are subject to HST, HST# R106865678)*
3. All applications must be received by the PGA of Canada, 13450 Dublin Line, RR1, Acton, ON L7J 2W7 prior to Friday, August 20, 2021, at 4:00pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Late, incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be accepted, and are not the responsibility of the PGA of Canada.
4. Entries will not be accepted without full remittance of an entry fee.
5. Application fees will be refunded if the PGA of Canada is notified in writing of the player’s intention to withdraw prior to the application closing date. Application fees will not be refunded after the application deadline without a medical certificate. Refunds are subject to a $75 service charge.
REGISTRATION AT OSHAWA GOLF & CURLING CLUB
Players must register at the PGA of Canada Tournament Office at The Oshawa Golf & Curling Club on Sunday, August 29, 2021, between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. If you cannot register on Sunday, simply contact the PGA of Canada to confirm your attendance at the championship and arrangements will be made for you to register at an alternate time. The PGA of Canada can be notified at 1-800-782-5764 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday August 29, 2021 Registration 10:00am - 4:00pm
Practice Round Afternoon Tee Times available
Book by calling the Oshawa G & CC pro shop
Monday, August 30, 2021 First Championship Round 18 holes stroke play
Tuesday, August 31, 2021 Final Championship Round 18 holes stroke play
A tie for the Championship (including Legends Division) will be decided by a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following conclusion of play. Any competitor involved in a playoff and not immediately available assumes the last playoff position. Multiple no-shows for playoffs shall be decided by lot.
1. The use of caddies is not compulsory. Competitors requesting a caddie should mark the appropriate section on the application. Limited caddies may be available at the host club. The PGA of Canada will attempt to assist competitors with their caddie requirements, but neither the PGA of Canada nor the host club is responsible for securing caddies for competitors who desire them.
2. If an entrant has requested assistance in obtaining a caddie on the entry form, the entrant will be required to compensate the caddie arranged by the host club with the minimum caddie fee ($40) for the number of rounds in the Championship, unless the competitor makes arrangements with the host club to cancel the request one week in advance.
3. Pull carts (excluding those motorized) are permitted.
4. Caddies must adhere to the PGA of Canada Dress Code, a copy of which is available on the championship website.
5. Caddies must wear flat-soled shoes. Violation of this condition may result in DISQUALIFICATION of the competitor.
6. Caddie restrictions are subject to change based on local health guidelines related to COVID-19.
RULES OF GOLF; CLOSE OF COMPETITION; CONFORMING GOLF BALLS; CONFORMING DRIVERS
1. Golf Canada's Rules of Golf will govern all play. The PGA of Canada Tournament Rules Committee shall have the final decision on all claims and disputes. The competition is deemed to have closed when the trophy has been presented to the winner or, in the absence of a prize ceremony, when all scores have been approved by the Committee.
2. Only brands of golf balls on the most current List of Conforming Golf Balls may be used.
3. Any driver selected for play must have a clubhead that is listed on the most current List of Conforming Driver Heads.
4. The Local Rule for groove and punch mark specifications, effective January 1, 2010, has been adopted as a condition of competition for all PGA of Canada championships. For full details on the groove and punch mark specifications, please visit: https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/rules/committee-procedures/8g.
Competitors shall walk at all times during a stipulated round, including the official practice round. In exceptional circumstances, the PGA of Canada will evaluate each individual request to use motorized transportation in PGA of Canada National Championships due to a claimed disability. In order for the PGA of Canada to properly evaluate such requests, it is necessary to submit medical documentation stating the exact nature of the disability and how that disability prevents such player from walking during a stipulated round. In addition, players will have to submit sufficient information to enable the PGA of Canada to determine that providing a cart would not provide a player with an advantage over other players. Please visit www.pgaofcanada.com to download via Adobe Acrobat Reader a copy of the PGA of Canada Transportation Request Form, which each player seeking a golf cart for herself due to a disability must complete and submit to the PGA of Canada with the original entry form prior to the applicable closing date.
The PGA of Canada assumes no responsibility for entrants' travel arrangements. Because the tournament may be oversubscribed, the PGA of Canada advises entrants not to book travel or room arrangements prior to confirmation of tournament acceptance unless those arrangements can be cancelled without penalty.
Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa
Rates available at$109/night with one king or two queen beds available which would include a hot continental breakfast, WIFI and parking. Booking link: PGA Women’s Championship
Block name: PGA Women’s Championship
Block code: PGA
Players may also call the front desk and book by calling: (905) 665-8400 and reference - PGA Women’s Championship
Reservations must be made by Sunday, August 8, 2021.
DRESS CODE AND FOOTWEAR
1. Competitors must adhere to the PGA of Canada Dress Code which is available at www.pgaofcanada.com and in the competitor registration package.
2. It is a condition of PGA of Canada National Championships that shoes with metal or traditionally designed spikes (regardless of composition, i.e., ceramic, plastic, etc.) are prohibited. Penalty for breach of this condition is DISQUALIFICATION.
TIME OF STARTING
All players in a group must be present and READY TO PLAY at the time laid down by the Committee. The order of play is not relevant. READY TO PLAY is defined as being on or near the player's first tee accompanied with the necessary equipment needed to put a ball in play. Notification by a PGA of Canada Rules Official will be given to late starters on the first tee or as soon as practicable.
The PGA of Canada has adopted the Canadian Anti-Doping Program set by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. For further information please visit www.cces.ca.
Rob Watson, Championship Manager
Phone: 1-800-782-5764 x264
Registration is closed.
|Courtney Howlett||Received Entries|
|Ashley Sholer||Received Entries|
|Emma de Groot||Received Entries|
|Krystal(ZhuoTong) Li||Received Entries|
|Victoria ZHENG||Received Entries|
|Joline Truong||Received Entries|
|Angela Cai||Received Entries|
|Sadie Dewinton-Davies||Received Entries|
|Casey Ward||Received Entries|
|Payton Lovisa||Received Entries|
|Belinda Lin||Received Entries|
|Diana Marie McDonald||Received Entries|
|EunYoung (Naomi) Ko||Received Entries|
|Kelsey Sear||Received Entries|
|Katy Rutherford||Received Entries|
|Madelin Boyd||Received Entries|
|Danielle Mills||Received Entries|
|Caroline Ciot||Received Entries|
|Kate Johnston||Received Entries|
|Josee Doyon||Received Entries|
|Grace St-Germain||Received Entries|
|Jennifer Ha||Received Entries|
|Sylvie Schetagne||Received Entries|
|Taylor Kehoe||Received Entries|
|Nyah Kelly||Received Entries|
|Nayan Calsin Murdoch||Received Entries|
|Abby White||Received Entries|
|Robyn Doig||Received Entries|
|Elizabeth Tong||Received Entries|
|Samantha Hall||Received Entries|
|Addi McLaren||Received Entries|
|Meghan Allum||Received Entries|
|Christine Wong||Received Entries|
|Valerie Tanguay||Received Entries|